Thursday, October 11, 2012

Perfectly Carved Pumpkins




Whit proposed to me on October 13, 2007 - three years after I was paralyzed. We went up to USU where he was performing with a Brazillian Bossa Nova group. I fell asleep in the car o the drive home and woke up when he opened my car door to carry me inside.

But instead of carrying me inside to my room, he carried me in through the front door, past my room, and out through the back door. My grogginess wore off as I freaked out a little - what was he doing? I told him he'd better go back inside and I was even more persistent when I saw what looked to be a bonfire in my backyard. I didn't want to interrupt my brothers on their date or anything!

But once back by the bonfire, I saw no one there - just us. Well, just us and some carefully carved pumpkins that said: MEG WILL YOU MARRY ME ?

I burst out laughing/crying! He set me on a camp chair and pulled out the ring. I cried and laughed even more.

Saying yes was the best decision I've ever made!

1 comment: