Monday, October 1, 2012

Makin' Babies...




Whit and I have been wanting to have some babies for a long time but felt like we shouldn’t…until now! Today I have an appointment with a doctor to remove the birth control (IUD) that I’ve had since we were married. I made the appointment with a new OBGYN at the Circle of Life Women’s Center in South Ogden. His name is Wes Davis – he's a doctor who specializes in high-risk pregnancies like mine will be, so I’m doing a little multitasking with this appointment and using it to “shop” for a good doctor. I chose him from a list of pictures on their website because he’s a high-risk specialty doctor, but also because he looks like he has “Light” in his eyes. I want a doctor with the same beliefs I have. It’s crazy, I have had many doctors for many things since I was paralyzed 8 ½ years ago and I haven’t had any doctor with the same religion as me (at least not practicing anyway). There’s nothing wrong with any of my other doctors, in fact, they’re all very, very good and leaders in their field. But this baby-making endeavor has already been such a spiritual experience for me and I need someone I can share things like that with and he (or she) will be on the same page (and I won't sound like I'm crazy).

4 comments:

  1. Meg, I'm so excited for you! I love COLWC. Our prayers will be with you and Whit and the beautiful, blessed children in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a follow up, I loved Wes Davis! He was kind and good and everything wonderful! But I still feel like I should keep "shopping" for doctors. Maybe I'll eventually choose him, but I think I've got lots of homework left still to do...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your search, and your adventure in getting pregnant! Any children born to you guys will be very blessed indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been online in a while and am now just getting back to it. I also love Circle of Life. I have used Dave Bierer (sp - weird spelling). I am 99.9% sure he is LDS. I have talked about spiritual things with him before. Sometimes things in that office are rushed because they are so busy, but I really like Dave. When it came right down to it, I felt comfortable in his hands. Anyway... just another two cents. I'm sure you'll find someone you love. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete