Friday, June 3, 2011

Utah Choice and Entertainment Awards

So Utah had their first annual "Choice and Entertainment Awards" event at the Salt Palace.

It was black-tie and very fancy. Whit and I were special guests. Apparantly, Danny Thompson got the entire idea for the whole event while sitting in the audience of the Ms. Wheelchair Utah pageant last November. He loved my opening speech and how the entire MWU pageant even came about and he thought, if she can get this event started then I can do one, too! This is Whit, me, and Danny here:

It was really well done. They had a whole "celebrity" red carpet walk where people came in and were interviewed and photographed. Don't we look legit?

There were also many celebrities there - David Archuletta, Miss Utah, local and famous actors, like the guy from the Matrix. Sports people including Shawn Bradley. Lots of radio people. TJ Fredette performed. Here I am with his backup dancers - I fit right in...

After the event they interviewed me because the inspiration for this event was my speech at the pageant last fall. It was fun to be interviewed, but I believe all the credit goes to Danny Thompson and his initiatives. Yay for pro-active people!

1 comment: