Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Smiles

I picked Whit up from work today and stopped at a red light next to a guy in his car. The guy was on Whit's side and he looked over at us and I smiled at him and we drove on.

We turned a quick left and the guy went straight but then we saw him flip around quickly and race after us, which was kind of weird. We didn't want to drive home and show him where we lived, so I drove through a different neighborhood. When it was absolutely clear that he was indeed following us, I pulled over next to a church (nothing bad happens in front of a church, right?) and he pulled up next to our car.

He asked Whit if I was his girlfriend. When Whit said that I was his wife, the guy looked truly disappointed and said, "I mean no disrespect, but she is a very beautiful lady!" and then he drove off.

I'm pretty sure Whit was flattered.
(So was I).

5 comments:

  1. You are beautiful both inside and out. Keep smiling cute girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice that there are still guys out there who have the guts to remind us husbands how lucky we are to have our hot wives. :)

    Meg, I sent you a facebook message yesterday. I hope you received it.

    Dr. Wolfertz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks :) I've started adding stuff about the power of smiling to my talks and this experience is going to help!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Things like that always are kept in a special place in our heart to make us smile. You are truly a beautiful woman.

    ReplyDelete