Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The Coolest of Days

Okay, so I love poetry. Not the deep, intense, beautiful stuff you study in literature classes, I'm more of a Dr. Suess, Shel Siverstein kinda girl.

Bring on the rhymes.

Every so often, I'll feel super rhyme-y and just write something. It happened a couple years ago and when my friend read it, she said I should paint pictures to go with it.

So I did.

And now, 2 years later, here it is!



I almost can't believe it. The colors in the pictures are so vivid and the book even smells good. It's bigger, about 9x11", and everyone who reads it wants to buy it for someone they know who is going through a hard time. (I did, too. I just gave it to my friend whose husband has cancer.)

The message is so good...it's definitely not "my own" idea...obviously the idea that we learn from our trials has been around forever. But trials are so freaking hard sometimes. And unfair. This is why I decided to make a video out of the book, so people everywhere can feel uplifted!

So I've decided to give one away! (and if any of you know my husband, you know that it took a lot of groveling for me to be able to do this...)

You can win one free copy of The Coolest of Days in a drawing we will hold on Friday, October 7, 2011. You can have multiple entries to win and to earn entries, just do one or more of the following (more is better):
  1. Follow my blog (current followers are automatically entered - I love you guys) - 2 entries
  2. Subscribe to my Youtube Channel - 1 entry
  3. Like The Coolest of Days fan page - 2 entries
  4. Repost this video on your facebook page (comment on the fan page to let us know you did it... my husband checks...) - 3 entries
  5. Repost this video on your blog (post your blog link here in a comment) - 3 entries
The more you do, the more chances you have to win!

All entries must be completed by Friday, October 7 at Noon.
Winner will be announced on my blog on Friday afternoon!

I am truly excited about this book! The message is so nice for anyone/everyone who is having a hard time and I am glad for the internet to be able to share what I've learned with so many.

Much love,
Meg

3 comments:

  1. Meg I love this video it is so cute! I re-posted on facebook, my blog and I emailed a link to your super cute videos to my family members because I think some of them should see it.
    http://lextoland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!!
    misskelseylyn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are truly an inspiration. Whenever I am feeling down, I always listen to your Enduring It Well episode on Mormonchannel.org. You help me remember why I am here on this earth and why it is so important to be grateful. Thank you!

    Love your book! (The hairy legs on Day 3 are awesome) :)

    ReplyDelete