Saturday, June 27, 2009

A Hendleday...

My mom called me the other day and told me how excited she was because she found a xylophone at a yard sale.

"Why did you buy a xylophone," I asked. None of us play the xylophone.

"To go with the lute!" she said.

"When did you get a lute? Why do you even have a lute?" I asked.

"Because you need more than a hand drum," she said.

"What? Why do you have all these instruments?" I asked.

"Well, I've been getting them when I see them so we can all play them when we're together on our Sundays! I have a drum, a lute, a xylophone, one, no two sets of maracas, a couple tambourines, a zither, and a train whistle!"

"What?!"

"Yeah! I'm so excited! I know it will be so much fun. Your dad thinks I'm crazy."

"Everyone thinks you're crazy."

But there are two things I love most about my family: 1. whatever happened, they're on my side, and 2. days like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment