Friday, January 11, 2013

Seminary Teacher

Yesterday was my last day as a seminary teacher!

It has been a fun 2 years, beginning with a New Year's resolution to speak at EFY and ending with a few tears as I pulled out of the Fremont High School seminary parking lot.

I would have stayed longer, but after quite a few prayers, Whit and I felt like it was a good time to end. I feel strongly like I'm supposed to focus on writing. I've got another book being released in August and I am starting to write another one today!

I was super blessed the whole time I was teaching. I never (ever) got sick anytime I had to teach (I did a couple weekends and Christmas break, but I never missed class because I didn't feel well). And, the biggest blessing of all was that I never - ever - got cold. For those of you that don't know, spinal cord injuries like me can't control our temperature and so I am often, nay, always cold.But it was a crazy phenomena that I was NEVER cold when I taught and NEVER had to have a heater in my classroom. I was cold during my prep periods and during assemblies and such, but never in the classroom. It was awesome.

Crazy blessing, too, that I didn't realize, was that my wheelchair was always working. My cushion has been going flat for the last week, but it never went flat at school. Only after school would it deflate. This morning, my first day as a non seminary teacher, I could barely push my chair at all! It was nuts. Whit had to dismantle it and oil it up. I guess my magically working wheelchair blessing is no more because I don't need it.

I am going to miss my beautiful students and my beautiful faculty. It was such a fun time!

1 comment:

  1. I know that they already miss you! Hope to see you around. Lord bless you.

    ReplyDelete