Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Skirting the Issue...

I went to a meeting that I didn't have. The door was locked and I waited outside for a few minutes before I realized the meeting was next week.

So I got back in my car and rushed to pick up some mirrors for the pageant (www.mswheelchairutah.org), got back in my car, and drove to the seminary building.

It was only 9 am and I was doing my 6th car transfer (I quantify the difficulty of my day based on how many times I had to get into and out of my car).

I guess that my skirt had had enough of my morning shenanigans and decided it needed some more time in the car. Without me.

So I am sitting in the seminary parking lot in my wheelchair with my legs still in the car (I hadn't lifted them out yet) and with my skirt around my knees - the waist part of my skirt around my knees.

Religious educators should wear their clothes. It just goes without saying.

So I did my best to pull it up and hurried inside before anyone could see me.

I fixed it in the bathroom. The whole time I had this Shel Silverstein poem in my head:

My beard grows down to my toes,
I never wears no clothes,
I wraps my hair
Around my bare,
And down the road I goes.

...too bad beards are against the facial-hair code for seminary teachers. I'd be tempted to grow one. (just in case this ever happened again, you know).

No comments:

Post a Comment