Friday, October 29, 2010

Ms. Wheelchair Utah This Tuesday Night!

After falling off a cliff and breaking my neck in 2004, I entered the wheelchair world. I couldn’t dance anymore, so I tried new activities like biking, racing, and wheelchair rugby, but hadn’t found anything for “girly” wheelchair users like me.

Then about a year after I was paralyzed I heard about the Ms. Wheelchair America Pageant. Perfect!

I called up the national board. I told them I wanted to participate.

They said no.

They said Utah didn’t have a state pageant and that I had to be a state winner first.

So I hung up the phone.

And got on ebay.

And bought myself a crown.

I called back the national pageant.

I told them I was Ms. Wheelchair Utah.

I flew to New York and competed in the national Ms. Wheelchair America Pageant.

I won the Spirit Award.


Coming home, I started the state pageant with my husband. The fifth annual pageant is next Tuesday.

Ms. Wheelchair Utah: The Inner-Beauty Pageant

When life gets too hard to stand, just keep on rollin’

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

7 to 9 pm

Pre-show at 6:30

Salt Palace Convention Center

Salt Lake City, Utah

Tickets $8 at the door, $2 in advance

We can’t do a lot about what life chooses to give us.

But we can do a lot with it.

Come support the most beautiful women you will ever see.

They can’t stand up, but they can stand out.

1 comment:

  1. Such a great day!!! Thanks for letting me be part of it :-)

    ReplyDelete