Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Inner-City

Greetings from the inner-city, I have news...or maybe I should say "holla! Let me give yous the skinny on what's going down in our 'hood!" Apparently we live in an inner-city ward. We heard a new couple missionary say that about us and we laughed, then we heard it from the Stake President. Huh. I always imagined I'd feel unsafe if I lived somewhere where we had to have bars on our windows...oh wait...we DON'T have bars on our windows!

Whit just got a new calling to 'seek out the poor' in our inner-city ward. He was called as the second counselor in the Elder's quorum presidency. We're both pretty excited, he'll be pushing the home teaching, apparently that's a huge deal with our for us ruffians. President Monson said we're supposed to 'seek out the poor', so that's Whit's new church job.

He's pretty excited because his new best friend is the president. They both play basketball and carried their ward team pretty far. They work really well together and it seems like it's going to be fun and productive.

...or maybe I should say, "they's homies who know how ta make stuff happen."

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that I'm no longer the only one in the family living in the inner city scary town!Welcome! This is the reason we have our 2 big frightening dogs!

    ReplyDelete