Saturday, November 3, 2012

Tired...


Yesterday I taught all day without taking a nap during my lunch or prep period. Teaching has been so physically taxing and I just haven't been able to keep up with it. The other seminary teachers keep telling me that I'll get used to it...
But yesterday I didn't even nap at all! I thought it was because I was finally strong, but no. I guess I was just excited it was Friday, just like all my students...
I had the kids take the Basic Doctrine Assessment test and some girls in my last period stayed later to finish and were worried about missing their bus, so I told them that if they did I would take them home. One girl came back – she missed it! So I tok her home to Roy. She and I knew each other before I got hired and we're friends :)
I had a dinner with Whit for the seminary teachers in the Weber/Davis area at the WSU institute and so I thought I’d go to the Ross in Riverdale and return some clothes before I met up with Whit later. 
I got on the freeway in Roy after dropping off my little friend and was so, so tired. I kept shaking my head and telling myself I could make it to Ross and then I could nap in the parking lot. I was so focused on staying awake that I didn’t realize I was going the wrong way until I got to Clearfield! 
I was so confused! I didn't know where I was. I was shaking from fatigue and pulled off the exit and drove to John and Mindy’s house where they brought me inside and let me sit by a heater and Mindy made me a delicious sandwich.
I felt much more rested after hangin' with this awesome family of three:

I guess sometimes I need to be with someone who isn't asking or taking anything from me. John and Mindy just sat and chatted. It was awesome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment