Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Roosevelt Ramp

Last night I spoke to Relief Society sisters from the Roosevelt, UT stake. We drove 174 miles (one way) through many canyons, across bridges and rivers, past lakes, and through deserts. We went through a box of granola bars, a package of Pepperidge Farm goldfish crackers, two liters of water and 4 CDs...

and it was all worth it when I saw THIS:


Yes, you are looking at the first ever custom-built stage, complete with code-meeting ramp. The wood was freshly cut and it smelled like, well, freshly cut wood. The freshly-cut wood smell of awesomeness.

I was able to be close to the sisters and still high enough so that I could see them all. I wish I could have packed it into my car and driven it the 174 miles home with me.

5 comments:

  1. Jared is awesome...and a handy friend to have around! I'm sure he would drive it out to you if he reads this! haha. Thanks SO much for coming out, it is a LONG, somewhat BORING drive! Everyone in Roosevelt has just been raving about your talk and I've seen many Meg Johnson quotes posted on Facebook this morning, especially by the young women!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Meg,
    Last year at this time, I lived in Roosevelt, it is my hometown, and I love it there. But due to a series of unexpected events, my largish family and I moved 2000+ miles away. We live in a similar small town here in Franklin, VA. Instead of the hay fields and oil fields of Roosevelt, we are surrounded by cotton and peanut fields here. I now love it here too. I am so sorry that I missed your appearance in Roosevelt. All of my wonderful friends are making FB posts of how they were uplifted by the message you left with them. They are an amazing group of women who I miss so much and love even more. I'm glad that you had the chance to meet them. Even though I didn't get to be there with them yesterday, I will get to glean from what they learned and with the magic of Fb and youtube, I will get to be inspired too.

    p.s. I am so impressed with your ingenuity, and your handy dandy comb holder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so wonderful! What a sweet ward to think of your needs as you were coming there for them... I love the gospel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe that I missed it. I didn't even know you were coming. I would have loved to finally meet you in person. : ) maybe someday...
    hope you had a safe trip back home too. Have a great day.
    ~ Joni

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY!! The ramp!! This made my husband's day! so proud his work make the www!
    Thanks again for coming! It's been a great week!
    By the way, your hair looked awesome. (Even though you said it was traveled) I love it. I have been looking for a new style and I love yours. BEAUTIFUL!!!

    xoxo,
    Tauni

    ReplyDelete